Monday, February 15, 2016

What I've Been Up To

Last week I spend time helping in quality control with Sak Saum and got to know a lot of the men and women there. We laughed and joked a lot. I spent time in the nursery playing with the children and helping some of the older kids with English. They are so cute! I went to Phnom Penh and helped match fabrics, cut fabrics and get them ready to be made into products. I'm making more relationships everyday and I'm getting to know the culture. 

I'm getting to know everyone in Father's house and I am building relationships. Everyone is trying to teach me Khmer, and I'm slowly catching on. I now have two nicknames, CeCe, and BopBop. They thought Luci was to hard to say, so they started calling me CeCe. It means 'eat eat' in Khmer. BopBop means 'round face,' that fits me quite perfectly. 

The food here is so different, but almost everything I have had has been good. I tried some pretty crazy things in the past week. I have had pig throat, fish with bones, and balut. Balut is a half developed duck egg that is boiled. I have been loving it here, and I am fitting in so well. 





1 comment:

  1. CeCe -hmmm reminds me of someone ;) Keep the updates coming. Love & prayers from Fares Rd.

    ReplyDelete