Tuesday, February 23, 2016

20 Days In

Well today marks the 20th day since I left for Cambodia. It feels like I have been here forever. I have been crazy busy everyday and I love it! There is always something different to do each day and I'm learning so much. IHSI had a team from Michigan come this past week. They were awesome and it was so cool to get to know them. One of the first days while being here, the team held an all day seminar for Sak Saum. They did a fantastic job. We had a lot of fun doing different things like ice skating, eating spaghetti, and trying to play Khmer uno. The Cambodians added a whole bunch of rules to the game. This past Sunday I helped start up the Sunday school, and it was awesome. 

I have had a whole bunch of interesting food here in the past week. I chewed on some sugar cane, and some jackfruit. Both were so good I might be addicted. I am building relationships and getting to know more people. This past week in English class I tried writing in Khmer and as it turns out, I'm not that bad. I'm speaking a few words here and there, and I'm starting to understand it more. I can't wait to see how God is going to use me as time goes on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment