Sunday, January 8, 2017

Changes...

Hello everyone!

Happy New Year! I'm afraid I have some sad news. Within the past week IHSI ministry has gone through many changes, some good and some not so good. As a result of these changes the preschool will no longer be in effect. Because of this, I will be returning to the U.S. on Wednesday night. When I was home I raised money to help support myself and the preschool. If there is no longer a preschool, I can't continue to live here out of honor to my promise I made to my supporters. Thank you all for your encouragement, prayer and support that I received before I came and while I was here. This past week has been very difficult for me, and the most challenging thing I have been through.

I can only learn from this experience though. I have grown in so many ways and have been apart of something bigger than myself. I have matured tremendously, my self-confidence has grown, and most of all I have learned how to love when it was the hardest. I am definitely leaving pieces of my heart here in Cambodia, but taking something that no money could ever buy. Love.

In feb. 2016 I got a tattoo on my wrist that reads, "I am home in the Lord" as a personal reminder to remember who I am when times are hard. As I look at it now and think about all of what's happened, I need to keep my eyes ever upward and remind myself that I am home in the Lord. I know that no matter what happens Gods goodness will always prevail. My path is changing, but God is always there right by my side.

Psalm 23 NKJV
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
 For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.”

Please continue to pray for IHSI and Sak Saum through all of the changes going on here.
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment