Sunday, May 1, 2016

Three months!

DThis week marks three months of me being here in Cambodia. In my last post I told you all that I have committed to three years here at IHSI beginning in October. I am so excited to be coming back here. It's going to be a big adjustment, but I couldn't imagine doing anything different. 

I have gotten myself a new ride which I am so happy about. A bicycle! I won't need to drive a moto which is a bit nerve racking. I took my first trip to the market last week by myself. When I got back everyone was so shocked that I was able to communicate and tell people what I wanted without speaking English. I know more Khmer than I let on. I really enjoy riding around on my little bicycle. It also has a fun little basket on the front! 

Sunday school has been a blast and I love teaching stories from the bible. Every week I get to figure out a craft to do with the children. It's a lot of fun and easy to understand. The children are really liking it. We just got done learning about Joseph, and we have moved on to Moses. 

I have one more thing to report. I ate a silk worm. It was really gross. I won't go into details. Do yourself a favor and never eat one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment